Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Our mad science experiments...







Last night, after the kids were in bed, I went to a few of my favorite craft websites. I saved a few of the crafts and thought I'd do them with the kids this week. Today was day number one of crafts and we started the morning with bubbles out back. The kids love bubbles and they asked to play with bubbles first thing this morning. One of the crafts I found was to make your own bubble stick with a few straws taped together. I used 5 straws and taped them together with scotch tape. Then I filled the bubble cap with some bubble solution, dipped the stick in the solution and then let Bro blow through the straws. It made tons of little bubbles and Bro didn't suck up nearly as much solution as he normally did, and he had so much fun blowing bubbles. Normally, with a regular bubble stick he's lucky to blow one bubble. So, craft number one was a success and we'll use that idea again.

Our second craft was the 'goop.' A few months ago, Stella spent the day with her cousins and Aunt and they made 'goop.' I made two batches, one pink one for Stella and one blue one for Bro. The kids loved it and it was super easy to make. Everything you need should be easily found in your pantry. The recipe said it would take an hour to do, but it took about 5 minutes to mix up. The only downfall is if you use food coloring, it will temporarily stain your hands. Bro really enjoyed playing with it and wanted to eat it many times, I'm sure he snuck a taste when I wasn't looking. Clean up was pretty easy too.

Stella is all ready asking about what we're going to do next so I better get busy coming up with our 'to do's' for craft time. Below you'll find the recipes for the goop, volcano (great fun too), and straws.

Tell a
Friend
: "http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/preschool-potions-860002/"

Tell a Friend: "http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/tiny-bubbles-668489/"

No comments:

Post a Comment