Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wax tarts from candles...

This morning I was on the hunt for my electric tart warmer.  After 10 minutes of searching, I found it hiding in a closet.  I didn't have any summery scented tarts left, just winter holiday ones.  Bummer!  I really didn't want to get the house smelling like Christmas yet and I didn't want to go out and buy more tarts.  Those little things add up, you know!  So I thought about it and remembered a post I had seen on pinterest.  It was one about what to do with all the left over wax in candles and how you can make a new layered candle from all the leftover wax.  I thought, I don't need any wicks for the tarts, so how about I just remove the left over wax from the jar and put it straight into the tart warmer.  That was exactly what I did and it cost me nothing!

One of my favorite scents, Glade's Angel Whisper
Scrape the wax out with a knife, or you can microwave a few seconds to soften the wax


The wax removed and ready for the tart warmer

A clean candle holder waiting for a new use

Voila, a new tart for my warmer and it was free!  The tart warmer is from Yankee Candle, not Scentsy

No comments:

Post a Comment