Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Renovation Realities, Part Deux...

It's officially finished!  I met my 2nd timeline of completing the bathroom project before Wednesday (originally I thought I'd have it finished on Sunday, boy was I wrong).  I was finished with the painting this morning while my little guy played in big sis' room.  Today was the fun day, it was the day of minimal painting, replacing yellowed switchplates (I hope they weren't supposed to be white), hanging a beautiful mirror, hanging towel hooks, and moving the bathroom stuff back to their home. 

Here's the complete rundown of the bathroom renovation.  Would I do it again?  Definitely.  Hope you enjoy the transformation as much as I do!  I am completely in love with our new hall bathroom.  Very reminiscent of 'craftsman' style or something you'd find in an older home (my dream is to own a beautiful, charming old house).
Before - hallway shot

Before - vanity side

Before - long wall side

1st step - remove all hardware and spackle/sand

2nd step - contact papered mirror and removed

Laid out wood strips for visual - then realized I needed to cut 5 inches to
get the height I wanted with the molding/trim

Almost finished with this wall

My beautiful new light fixture, $34 at Home Depot, with
freshly painted white walls

After - hallway shot, the shower curtain rod will be
much higher soon.  I'm just afraid to ruin the paint!

After - hallway shot of vanity side

My craigslist mirror find $30, I had to spray paint it white

View of the long wall with the new towel hooks

Another view of the long wall through the mirror


I did everything myself from the measuring, cutting of wood, electrical (scary, I know), painting, hanging of mirror and hooks.  There was never a time when I thought I wouldn't be able to do this.  I had a vision of what I wanted this project to turn out and I'm happy to say that it's exactly what I hoped for.  So ladies, don't think that you can't, because I did and look at this beautiful bathroom!  I told my husband I loved it so much I wanted to sleep in the bathroom tonight.  My 4 year old also thinks it's wonderful.  It's her 'perfect princess bathroom.'  Every little princess needs a princess bathroom right?

No comments:

Post a Comment