Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Trick or treat, smell my feet...

Today was all things Halloween in our house.  I had a little one home sick from school, she refused to lay on the couch and rest so she helped me decorate for Halloween.  Halloween is probably one of my favorite holidays aside from Christmas.  The costumes, candy and party food are amongst the best of all holidays.  Okay, maybe behind Christmas and Thanksgiving.

This is the first year since we first moved into our house that we got 'decked out' for Halloween.  We've done some decorations here and there throughout the years, but this year we've really outdone ourselves.  I got lots of ideas from pinterest.com, like the pine cone wreath, the 'spooky' mobile, and the bat cutouts for the lampshades.  I found lots of the decorations at Dollar Tree and had stuff from Michael's too.

Pine cone wreath idea from pinterest.com

The kids get a kick out of the 'kaboom witch'

Even Mr. Gnome had to get in on the action

A witch and her spider (thanks Mama Lori for the Halloween soap)

My Target clearance buy, less than $3

One of my faves, a mobile made from black construction paper.
No template available from pinterest.com so free handed instead.

Reminds me of 'Nightmare Before Christmas'

Another pinterest.com idea from Martha Stewart.  Just drew, cut and taped bats
to the inside of our lampshades
Hope you enjoy what we've done and hope it gives you some inspiration to go 'spooky/cute' for your home this Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment