Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Renovation realities...

I love to watch the DIY network, my favorite show is 'Renovation Realities.'  It makes me laugh to see how people can go completely into a huge renovation project with really no idea of what needs to be done, how to do it, or how much it's going to cost or length of time to complete.

Well, I have officially changed my feelings about those people.  I did my homework and had everything mapped out, I just hadn't factored in 'kid time.'  Yesterday I started my own 'Renovation Reality' and I really thought it would only take me a weekend to complete our hall bath.  Boy was I wrong!  The hardest part of the whole darn thing was taking off the baseboards.  The builders that made our house were not messing around with their nails.  They were about 8 inches long and I had hoped to save the baseboards to reuse, but sad to say they weren't saved.

I'm also having an issue with paint bubbling in one spot.  I peeled it and then spackled and sanded and then repainted, but now it's bubbling in another spot close to the first.  Can you say FRUSTRATION?  Ah well, I'll leave that for one of the last things I fix when it's all finished.

My to do list for the next few days:  install new light fixture (been putting that off for fear of electrocution), paint and install mirror, miter cut a few more boards to finish the wall and baseboard, install new switch plates, patch and paint. 

I really hope to be finished by Wednesday at the latest.  I'd really love to start on Halloween costumes soon!
As they say on 'Renovation Realities,' episode TO BE CONTINUED!

Finished the 1st coat of paint on the lower walls tonight


No comments:

Post a Comment