Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

My kind of fun...

Well, the desk is finished (almost) and was moved into our bedroom last week. I've been working away on the mirror and it needs one last coat of paint before I move it into the house.
With that project almost complete I've been on craigslist to spot a find for a dresser (my hubby's), a nightstand (for me) and a chair (for the desk). No luck yet. Lots of beautiful antiques in need of some love and lots of great furniture for other areas of the home. I really would like to have our room finished before I try to tackle any other projects. I think I'll start on a fabric headboard for the bed next. I've seen tons of gorgeous ones with fat price tags on Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma Home, and Restoration Hardware. While they're simply divine, I find it hard to pay so much money for a headboard. So, I've been doing my research on DIY fabric headboards and came across many other 'thrifty gals' such as myself that have made similar looking headboards. Here are a few that I love.


I know the 1st picture isn't of a fabric headboard, but I love the romantic feel of the room. The old, weathered doors are beautiful and nothing's 'matchey matchey.' It seems like every piece has a bit of history. Anyhow, a new Goodwill store opened down the street and I'll be making a trip in to see what kind of treasures I can find. There are also 2 stores in Franklin/Suffolk area I want to check out, maybe on a date with the hubby (he'll love it, NOT).


We had our first camping trip this weekend and it was so much fun! We went to Kiptopeke State Park on the Eastern Shore, Va. The kids made light sabers, we roasted hotdogs and marshmallows on an open wood fire, camped beneath the stars and swam in the Chesapeake Bay. My only complaint would be that other campers in our neck of the woods were not so quiet in the wee hours of the morning. Stella and I saw a toad in the woods as we walked back to our tent from the bathroom, I found a beautiful shell at the beach (that had a tenant living in it) that I had to send back to the water. We had a great time with our friends and have made plans for next year's visit. I can see why so many people fall in love with the Chesapeake Bay. The beach was nice and shallow, you could see through the water to the bottom and the water was very gentle. The kids loved playing in the water. The guys fished while the women tended to the children, funny huh? Just a few pictures from our trip.









No comments:

Post a Comment