Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Voila! C'est finis!

And it's finished! All I need now are some drawer pulls for the desk! I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Now, onto my next project. I'm going to build a storage ottoman for our tv room. I found some plywood pieces at my Habitat store and a shelf (for above the desk). I just need to find some good deals on foam and fabric and I'll be ready to roll! Or shall I say build? I love visiting the Habitat for Humanity store. I found my bedroom dresser there for a steal of a deal and love checking out their new inventory. Lately, I've been a little obsessed with their door selection. I don't need a new door, but I love thinking of new ways to use them.



Anyhow, I have my plywood in the garage and hopefully this weekend will be nice so I can atleast get the frame made. I've searched for some DIY plans and found a few so it should be a pretty uncomplicated project. We'll see! It would be nice to have a place to put your feet up on to watch tv. Especially after the kids go to bed, that's our 'quiet time.' This project will give me a warm up to the fabric headboard project. A girl's got to find something to do when the kids are in school or napping!


Did I mention that while I was putting the desk together we had an earthquake here in VA? 5.8 is what they said. Crazy!
























No comments:

Post a Comment