Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Baby it's cold outside...

Well, it feels like summer has officially left us.  I love the crisp, cool weather that we're having right now.  I do miss the mornings at the beach and afternoons at the pool, but I'll take living outside all day long any day.  It's gorgeous without all the humidity!
With one kid in school and the other at home, what do I do while my little guy is napping?  Aside from the regular house chores, that is. My list of projects, that's what I do for an hour or two during nap time and if I'm lucky after the kid's bedtime.
  1. Storage ottoman, all the pieces are cut.  Now it's just a matter of assembly, foam and fabric.  Doesn't sound too hard right?  If only I can find the perfect fabric.  As for now, the project is at a stand still.
    2.  Rag wreaths, I love them.  I finished one for Halloween/Fall and it took me all of about 5 hours to finish.  Lots of fabric tearing and tying.  My fingers were numb for a few days, but I can't wait to hang it on our door.  I even had enough fabric left over to make a little one for inside the house.



 


     3.    Pictures!  My honey got me a new camera for our 10 year anniversary and I have been taking pictures every chance I get.  The weekend's weather was not the best for photos, with all the wind and rain.  This week is supposed to be perfect for photos so I'm sure I'll do lots of 'shooting.'
     4.  Crocheting, yes, I love crocheting.  I have a huge bag of yarn that's been sitting around the house since Stella's birth that should have transformed itself into a blanket, but has failed to do so.  I'm working on a Granny Stripe pattern and I found another bag of yard to make a blanket for my little guy too.
    



5.   I really want to do 'faux' wainscoting/beadboarding in the hall bath.  I have the paint, all I need is the lumber for the 'paneling' and the hardware for the towel hooks.  Maybe my Dad can help me with this project. http://sassysanctuary.blogspot.com/2011/08/bathroom-is-done.html

Love this look, from 'Sassy Sanctuary'


So, there you have it folks, I'm a project kind of gal.  Thanks to Pinterest, I will be a busy lady this fall/winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment