Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Things that make my heart thump, thump

Today is the first day of Fall.  It sure doesn't feel like it with the 80degree temps and humidity.  Nonetheless, I begin my Fall decorating/crafts.  But first, things that make my heart thump, thump on a regular basis:
  1. While speaking with my 4yr old daughter I forget what something is called.  I say, "I don't remember what it's called."  She says, "It's okay Mommy, just sound it out."
  2. My children love this pet store (Animal Jungle) and we've recently been making weekly trips to visit the animals.  My almost 2yr old son says, "Amal Yungle Momma" when we pass the road that takes us there.
  3. Feeling a sense of accomplishment when I finish a task or project.  One that I love right now is finishing a row of crocheting this ridiculously large blanket for my little girl.  It's very likely this blanket could become a king size bedspread.
  4. The more 'awake' I am while carrying around my new camera.  I'm constantly looking for the 'next thing' to photograph.  Bugs, my kids, food, crafts.
  5. Cooking and perfecting recipes.  I've been a little obsessed with this Tyler Florence Sesame Chicken recipe lately.  I think I've made it 4 or 5 times since I found it last month.  Last night it was made brilliantly with a few tweaks.  Who knew Worcester Sauce was a good substitute for Soy Sauce?
  6. Coffee time with friends sans children.  I love coffee time with friends AND children, but love it even more when the kids are at school and we get quality grown up time.
  7. Consulting with my Dad about remodeling and carpentry.  I'm far from the amazing craftsman he is, but I like to ask his advice and seek his knowledge.
  8. Getting unexpected hugs and kisses from my little ones.  Those little smiles are simply priceless.
  9. Enjoying a Filipino style lunch with my Mom.
  10. Random acts of kindness from friends and strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment