Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

When I was 4...

For those with children, do you ever think back to what life was like at your child's age?  I was doing that today and thought about things I did at 4years old.  Here's my list of favorites:
  1. Wonder Woman was real - I truly believed if I spun around fast enough, I too would turn into WW.
  2. Living in Illinois had it's perks - I remember my Dad testing the ice on the pond behind our apartment.  If it was safe we'd skate in our cowboy boots.
  3. I loved to wake up early and watch 'Bozo the Clown' with my Dad before he left for work.
  4. One of my favorites smells to this day is Oil of Olay, I used to love to smell my Mom's face after she put that on.
  5. The one time I had to sit in 'time out' in pre-school was horrible.  I don't remember what I did, but it must've been bad because I had to sit in a 'box' that was that was outlined on the floor with tape.  Those were the longest 4 minutes of my life!
  6. I was convinced that when I grew up, Magnum P.I. was going to be my husband.
  7. It felt awesome to run around the house in my undies, now I know why my kids love to do that sometimes sans undies/diaper.
  8. Blowing bubbles with your gum was a true talent, getting your hair cut like your brother's because the bubble burst and engulfed your head in it was devastating.  Note to self: when that happens to my children, slather on peanut butter or mayonnaise to get out the gum.
  9. Tire swings were the best invention on the planet.
  10. Julia Childs was one of my idols.  She had her own tv show, she talked with a really cool/funny voice, she got to use neat utensils and was a great cook.

When else is it okay to eat cake in your undies at the table?  Certainly not at 33years of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment