Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Things I love, especially about today...

Today was my little girl's 1st day of school.  No hankies for this Mommy.  Thank goodness I got crying out with last year's 1st day of school.

Just a couple of things I loved about today:
  1. My sweet little girl was super excited about her 1st day of school - no fighting about getting dressed, eating breakfast, brushing teeth, washing face.  She carried her backpack and lunch bag, with no fuss, to the car.
  2. After getting home from dropping her off at school, her little brother ran through the house saying, "Sissy, are you?" (where are you?).  He was bummed she wasn't home, especially when he did something he was proud of.  He likes to show off to her.
  3. I got some one on one time with my little guy - playing trains, cars, feeding baby dolls, playing with Barbies.  Yes, he loves his sister's dolls and I'm okay with that.
  4. The house is much quieter - although, I missed hearing the giggling of the kids when they're together.
  5. I loved that when picking up my little girl she was so caught up in a game with her classmates, she didn't even see me waiting for her.  I got a glimpse into her little pre-school world.
  6. I hear Stella walk up to her baby brother and say, "Bro, I love you" and then walk away before he can acknowledge her presence.
  7. I loved to hear about her first day of school even if that meant she got a little frustrated and angry with my drill sergeant questioning.
  8. Stella liked the fact that her brother missed her while she was at school and she wanted to hear every little tidbit detail of how he looked for her or called for her while she was at school.
  9. I loved that both kids ate all their dinner with no problem and my little boy had 2nd helpings of mashed potato and 3rd helpings of meatloaf.  Oh how I love to see that little guy eat.

  10. I loved that my babies were in bed before 8pm and I actually got to zone out on the couch for a few hours.
Today was a day of newness for us all and it was great!  I can't wait to see what this new school year brings for my little girl.  I hope she keeps her excitement for school as she grows older.  She was so excited to do homework tonight and was really bummed there wasn't any.

1 comment: