Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Runner toe nails?

My medal along with my medal from the Surf n Santa 10 miler
I am so proud of myself for finishing my first 1/2 marathon.  I felt aches and pains for a few days after the race and was happy that I didn't lose any of my toe nails.  I did notice a blood blister under two of my nails, but that's it.  I took my nail polish off my toes this morning and my toe nails on my right foot look like a truck ran them over several times.  They don't hurt and they don't look like they're going to fall off, but they look hideous!  I guess I could compare it to a discolored tooth, it looks normal, but the color is a little off.  My husband says I should stop complaining about them or stop running so it doesn't happen anymore.  I won't stop running so I guess I just have to get used to them.  It could be worse right?  I could be missing those two awful looking toe nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment