Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

War of the Wings and Yuengling...

Last  night my hubby tells me he saw or heard something about a 'Wing fest' at one of the nearby farms.  It definitely piqued my interest since I am a lover of chicken wings and beer.  This morning he looked into it and Hunt Club Farms was having their 'War of the Wings' battle today.  My parents had offered to take the kids and off we went to HCF.

<>
Round one
It was a good thing we got there early.  We breezed through the first 6 stands without much of a wait, found a nice picnic table to enjoy our wings and beer and then discussed how we liked or didn't like the wings.  I really wasn't impressed with our first round of wings.  I like my wings crispy and hard slathered in sauce.  I am also a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to sauce.  I prefer the traditional buffalo or mild sauce.  Most of the wings seemed grilled and didn't have great flavor.  We did round 2 along with round 2 of beers and it improved a little.  The texture of the wings got better as did the flavors.  We were both starting to feel the fullness of gobbling up these little wings, but trudged on to our last booths.  I really liked 2 of the booths for their flavor and texture and couldn't wait to get my vote into the little box.

 


Saucy

The lines were starting to get super long and slow and I'm sure many of the booths were starting to run low on their wings.  One of the first booths we stopped at (Thumbs) ran out of wings within the first 30 minutes.  We returned almost an hour later and yet again, they were out.  We waited and boy was I disappointed.



Last chance!
My top three picks for wings ended up being: Geared Up (mild), Lendy's                                                     (parmesan garlic), and Bailey's (parmesan garlic).  It was a nice afternoon date with the hubby and not something we normally do.  I think this will make it on our calendar for next year.  Now I just have to wait and see who the winners were.  Hopefully my picks will be close to the judges picks.  As for my love of wings, I still love them, but I won't miss having some any time soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment